Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has reported its financial performance for the quarter/year ending March 31, 2017. As per its report, the company’s telecom subsidiary, Reliance Jio, crossed 50 million subscribers in the first 83 days and 100 million subscribers in 170 days. As of March 31, there were 108.9 million subscribers on the network. The company also noted that within a month of announcing its Jio Prime Membership plans, over 72 million subscribers joined the service. The company claims that this makes Jio Prime one of the most successful customer privilege programmes in the world.
The company also stated that Jio has the world’s largest greenfield 4G LTE wireless broadband network with over 100,000 mobile towers. It added that the operator plans to add another 100,000 mobile towers over the coming months. Further, the company cited a recent TRAI report, which stated that Jio’s average download speed was 15Mbps in March 2017, which was almost twice that of its competitors.
RIL said that it continued to solve its interconnection issues between Jio and leading telecom operators, and says that there has been a notable improvement in local access in the recent weeks. However, it notes that NLD interconnection remains an issue in some areas and is committed to resolving them. It also hopes for cooperation from other telcos in this regard.
Besides this, the company said that Jio continues to make progress on the rollout of its Fibre to the Home (FTTH) business with beta trials initiated in a few locations. The operator plans to expand the scope of the beta trial over the next few months.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures