Reliance Jio's next big launch is expected to be the commercial roll-out of its Fiber broadband service. A report in May suggested that JioFiber will launch around Diwali and will be priced at Rs 500 for 100GB data. Now a new leak reveals more details like availability and data offers.
Reddit user nRomil has shared a screenshot of JioFiber's landing page, revealing the details of the location where the service will be available. The list of cities covered includes Ahmedabad, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Surat, Vadodara and Vishakhapatnam. A tweet from JioCare had confirmed that the service will be available in six cities of Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Ahmedabad, Jamnagar, Surat and Vadodara at the time of launch.
Jio has already started beta testing the service in select cities as part of its preview plan. A Medianama report says JioFiber uses a custom router and may also have a mesh network of routers to expand coverage. Jio is reportedly charging a refundable security deposit of Rs 4,500 for installation. JioFiber users get 100GB data at 100Mbps for three months, similar to the VoLTE rollout.
reliance jioWhere to buy 2699's Fiber-to-home broadband service is expected to be the cheapest broadband service when it becomes commercially available later this year. Analysts believe the service will start at Rs 500 for 600GB data and come bundled with smart set-top box and Jio Media services. Even before its launch, broadband service providers like Bharti Airtel have started consolidating their offering.
Airtel recently increased the data volume on its existing home broadband plan and introduced a limited period offer of 1000GB data bonus to its broadband users in NCR region. reliance jioWhere to buy 2699 has managed to rope in 120 million mobile subscribers since the commercial availability in September.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures