Reliance Jio released a statement on Tuesday, in which the company says that its subscribers are facing 10 Crore call failures daily. Jio has attributed the same to low interconnect points from incumbent telcos including, Idea, Airtel and Vodafone. As we told you earlier, the new telecom entrant has been at war with existing telecom giants to improve voice call connections and network quality for Jio.
In its statement, Reliance Jio says, “Jio’s immediate requirement of operational interconnection capacity, based on transparent industry practice, is of the order of 4,000-5,000 points per operator. It is therefore apparent that at the current rate, the incumbent operators have not demonstrated any real intent to resolve this issue. With over 10 crore call failures per day between Reliance Jio and the three incumbent operators, this has resulted in severe quality of service issues for the Indian customers. The call failure rate has been worsening rapidly in the last few days, while augmentation of interconnection capacity is still awaited.”
We at Digit did our own survey for Reliance Jio data speeds across 18 Indian cities. You can check out our findings here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures