Reliance Jio has reportedly launched the Jio Dongle 2 in Reliance Digital stores. The new dongle works the same way as Reliance’s JioFi device, but comes without a battery. Twitter user, Yatin Chawla, posted images and some information about the “Jio Dongle 2”. According to him, the device costs Rs. 1,999, same as the original JioFi device. This is the third Reliance Jio-branded dongle that has been launched in India recently.
Unlike the earlier Jio dongles, though, you’ll need a laptop, power bank or other power source to run it. The JioFi 4G dongle, for example, which RJio had started selling before this, had a 2600 mAh battery inside. The Jio 4GWhere to buy 2699 WiPod that we reviewed earlier, also had a battery inside.
However, this does mean that you won’t have to worry about battery life when you’re out and about. As long as you can find a power source, the Jio Dongle 2 should work just fine, with continuous Internet connectivity.
Reliance Jio’s entry into the telecom market has caused much commotion, with users rushing to get free Jio SIM cards that the company is offering. While not everything has been smooth for Jio, it’s entry is expected to change the Indian telecom market.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures