Reliance Jio's free service might get extended till June 30, but the company might charge a nominal fee for it. The Economic Times reports that Reliance Jio could be formulating a new tariff plan and may charge Rs. 100 for an extension of the free service. "We have to start making revenue," one of the persons familiar with the plan told the publication.
The company announced its 4G VoLTE services for consumers on September 1, and offered free access to data and voice calls till December 31. The company then announced 'Happy New Year Offer,' which extended the offer till March 31,2017. reliance jioWhere to buy 2699 has added over 72 million subscribers since the service began.
The operator has been criticised by users for inconsistent data speeds and calls not getting through. On December 1, it announced plans to decongest its network to improve data speeds for its users and blamed other operators for not providing sufficient interconnect points for calling. Further, reliance jioWhere to buy 2699's free service has been heavily criticised by telecom operators in the past. Airtel recently filed a petition with the Telecom Disputes Settlement Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) against TRAI for allowing Reliance Jio's promo offers.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures