Reliance Jio seems to have started rolling out its 4g services, albeit via an employee referral basis. Jio’s employees have started posted statuses on Facebook in which they are trying to recruit their friends into join the service. According to their posts, the program will offer 10GB of 4G data per month and unlimited voice calling for 90 days. Those chosen will receive an unique code that will have to be presented at a Reliance Digital or Digital Express stores. They will then have to buy a LYF handset in order to avail the offer. The program will also offer users access to Jio’s network wherein they will get access to Live TV.
The cheapest LYF handset is the Flame 1, which is priced at Rs. 5,599, while the most expensive device is the Earth 1 that is priced at Rs. 19,499. Reliance Jio launched its service on December 27 last year, however, the service was only made available to its employees. Last month, Reliance Jio announced the launch of an 8,100 km long cable system called the Bay of Bengal Gateway (BBG). The system will provide high speed connectivity to South East Asia and the Middle East, which would then link to Europe, Africa, and Far East East Asia through interconnection with existing cables.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures