Reliance communications has introduced a new USSD based mobile banking services for its customers. For availing the new service, customers can dial *99# short code on their handset. Users have access to banking service across 29 nationalised banks with a single number.
The operator has integrated National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) gateways with charging systems and USSD gateways located in Mumbai. The NPCI will manage the banking menu, call flow with respective banks.
RCOM says it has successfully completed the testing of the service at Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City, Navi Mumbai, on various types of GSM handsets. The infrastructure provided is over the secured point-to-point VPN (Virtual Private Network). Subscribers will be charged INR 1.50 per session, as mandated by TRAI.
Announcing the service readiness, Mr Vinod Sawhny, Chief Executive Officer, Reliance Communications, says: “Financial inclusion is a national priority and we are proud to launch this platform which can offer basic financial services even in areas that are beyond the reach of traditional banking. Mobile technology has a crucial role to play in servicing the under-banked and un-banked sections of society, and RCOM’s endeavor is to bridge this gap with its customized solutions.”
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures