Reliance Communications (RCom) has announced expanding 3G services in 5 more circles - Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and UP (East). The operator aims to target the Corporate, SME and high-value customers in these circles. Reliance's 3G services will be available from June 20.
RCom claims to have the largest 3G footprint in the country with a presence in 13 Circles—Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Assam, North East, Jammu & Kashmir. The new expansion will help Reliance Communications further consolidate its position in the data segment in the country.
“We are delighted to expand our 3G footprint to 18 Circles across India, which makes our service available in all metros and major metros in the country, enabling us to target the fast-growing data market in these Circles. Together, these Circles account for 80% of incremental Smartphone sales in the country,” says Mr Gurdeep Singh, Chief Executive Officer, Consumer Business, Reliance Communications Limited.
“As India’s youngest pan-India GSM operator, we are committed to improving the quality of our customer mix, and our extended 3G presence will help us attract a disproportionate share of customers in the high-value Corporate and SME segments. This will also help us further consolidate RCOM’s position as the leading Indian data operator,” he added.
RCom recently launched a One India, One Rate Plan, under which users are charged home plan tariffs on roaming and that there will be no difference between local, STD and roaming charges.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures