Idea Cellular has slashed its tariff for 4G and 3G night surfing plans by up to 50% by offering new data packs. Under the new packs, Idea subscribers can avail 1GB of night data at Rs. 125 a month. Further, the company has launched Day and Night Twin packs that start at Rs. 115 for 500MB (250MB each for day and night) and go up to 40GB (20GB each for day and night). The Night packs and Day & Night packs are available to all Idea subscribers across the company’s 3G and 4G circles.
Sashi Shankar, Chief Market Officer, Idea Cellular stated, “Many consumers today, especially the working population, access the internet during the night. Acknowledging this trend Idea has announced the unique and special Night Packs as well as the Day & Night Twin packs to offer subscribers an affordable and convenient option to access the internet. We hope our subscribers derive maximum benefit from this initiative and are able to access the internet at night without having to worry about exceeding their data limits or their expenses.”
It is speculated that Idea’s decision to slash tariffs could be in response to increased competition from the likes of other telecom companies such as Airtel, and Reliance Jio. Earlier this month, it was reported at Jio’s employees were trying to recruit their friends into joining the service. They posted statuses on their Facebook accounts in which they claimed that Jio would offer 10GB of 4G data a month along with unlimited voice calling for 90 days. Those who availed the offer would receive a unique code that would have to presented at Reliance Digital or Digital Express stores.
Other Popular Deals
- 14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (July 2016)
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 [June...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [June 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures