A telecom department (DoT) panel is going to hold a meeting this week to discuss policy for the net neutrality in India. According to reports, this will be second meeting of the panel, which is responsible for examining net neutrality from a public policy perspective.
The panel will look into the advantages, disadvantages and possible economic impact on the telecom industry. It's notable the telecom regulator (TRAI) is already planning to start consultation process on the net neutrality.
The telecom operators have long demanded that regulation of the OTT services/players such as WhatsApp, Viber, Skype. Telcos complain that the OTT players have been reaping profits using their network and not sharing revenues with them.
"We believe there should be some kind of framework where we are not disadvantaged in terms of our core source of revenue and that is the context in which consultation will hopefully take place," Airtel recently said.
Other Popular Deals
- 14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (July 2016)
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 [June...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [June 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures