Numerous mobile operators have reported a deterioration of performance to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), over the July-September 2015 quarter. Among the ones with the worst performance, Aircel has reported a drop as high as 18% for 3G services in North East and Odisha circles. For 2G services, Aircel’s drop rate was nearly 17% in the North East, and BSNL reported a drop rate of 9.6%.
There are signs of improvement, too. Most operators managed to meet TRAI’s recommended maximum level of 2% overall call drop across all circles, barring Aircel and BSNL. Operators having drops higher than 3% for 3G services include Aircel across 10 circles, Tata in five circles, BSNL in three circles and Vodafone in two. While these are figures for network drops, all operators reported call drops lower than 3%. For 2G network services, Aircel missed the mark in 17 circles, Tata GSM and CDMA in 15 circles, BSNL in five and Vodafone in two.
Looking at other parameters, the total number of subscribers for wired and wireless networks across all urban and rural service areas has increased to 1,022.61 million — a growth of 1.55% over the previous quarter. Teledensity has risen to 80.98%, a promising figure. However, rural areas of Bihar and Madhya pradesh still returned very low teledensity figures of 34.95 and 37.45, respectively.
It terms of growth of users, Karnataka recorded the highest growth of 3.44%, followed by Himachal Pradesh at 3.23%. While quality of service still struggles to improve, India’s user base continues to increase at a steady pace.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures