State-run telecom operator BSNL has announced that it will allow users to carry forward the unused mobile Internet data with their new recharge (including normal data STVs). The facility has been extended to its 2G as well as 3G prepaid BSNL customers across its circles in India.
"BSNL recently introduced Rs 68 Data Special Tariff Voucher (STV) which allows 1 GB 3G Mobile Data for 10 days, never given by any other operator at this cheapest rates in the present market," ET quotes a BSNL statement. "Quality of service and customer satisfaction is our top priority and transparency makes us different from other operators,” adds BSNL Director for Consumer Mobility, N K Gupta. The move is likely to help BSNL accumulate more heavy data users. BSNL and MTNL combined hold mere 8.32 percent of market share while the private operators own 91.68% of share, according to the latest TRAI telecom subscription data.
BSNL's carry forward plan is really interesting as well as beneficial for customers who at times fail to consume full data. However, BSNL isn't the only company offering the carry forward plan. Tata Docomo recently allowed its users carry forward their unused data balance. The offer was available for both 3G and 2G customers. “With this service on prepaid, our data customers can now carry forward their unused data balances by just topping up their existing data pack within its validity thus delivering a worry-free and abundant internet experience" said Gurinder Singh Sandhu, Head Marketing - Mobility, Tata Docomo.
Vodafone is also offering its customers a 'Carry Forward' plan under which users to carry forward unused data from existing pack to a new pack. This service is however available for 2G and 3G prepaid customers in Maharashtra & Goa circles. Vodafone's service is however not applicable on unlimited and night packs. Ashish Chandra, Business Head, Maharashtra and Goa, Vodafone India is quoted as saying, “Vodafone has always been at the forefront in launching innovative products and services relevant to the needs of our customers. We have a very strong prepaid customer base in Maharashtra and Goa and Vodafone ‘Carry forward’ has been designed to empower and provide the best value to our pre-paid data user base. So now, Vodafone 3G is not just the Faster mobile internet platform, it also the Smarterchoice, providing Better value”.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures