BSNL may be planning to launch 4g services in 14 telecom circles in India. A senior official told PTI that the company will be installing 4G base tower stations (BTS) in existing sites, which means that there will not be any additional expenditure on towers. He said, “By considering all the facts, it appears that launch of 4G services in 2,500Mhz band is feasible and commercially remunerative”. However, the company hasn’t yet finalised a timeline for the launch of the services.
The report adds that BSNL may be exploring two methods for the rollout of 4G services, a revenue sharing model and a capex model. In a revenue sharing model, BSNL will provide passive infrastructure and spectrum, while a third-party vendors will arrange the BTS. In a capex model, the company will procure essential long-term evolution (LTE) elements, which can be initiated in select cities on an experimental basis. However, this model will involve the cost of procurement and integration. It was noted in the report that BSNL would try out both models before finalising on one.
Other Popular Deals
- 14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (July 2016)
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 [June...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [June 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures