State-run telecom operator, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has introduced a new, promotional broadband internet plan that brings data rates drastically down. The wireline broadband plan is officially called ‘Experience Unlimited BB 249’, and will be available for users to choose from September 9. This plan also comes with a reasonably vast Fair Usage cap of 300GB, and offers connectivity speeds of 2Mbps.
With this plan, BSNL aims to ride the wave of interest on affordable, high speed Internet connectivity set by Reliance Jio. Upon launch, Jio’s Internet plans introduced affordable rates of Rs. 50/GB of data. With this promotional offer, BSNL is bringing the rate down to less than Re. 1 for each gigabyte of data consumed. The plan will be sustained for six months, after which users will be migrated to the standard plans that BSNL has on offer.
While speeds of 2Mbps seem measly in comparison with private telecom operators, BSNL will hope that this plan will attract new users to its service. BSNL has traditionally offered affordable Internet plans priced lesser than competitors, but has seen lesser user retention because of limited connection speeds.
As the entire nation banks on Reliance Jio to promote high speed, affordable connectivity, BSNL will target users looking for maximum usage scope in extremely affordable rates, despite relatively limited speeds.
Other Popular Deals
- 14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (July 2016)
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 [June...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [June 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures