Bharti Airtel has announced a new data plan for prepaid customers opting for 4g services for the first time. The company stated, users who purchase a new 4G smartphone can now get 10GB of data at Rs. 249. This means that new customers will effectively be paying Rs. 25 per GB of data. The company notes that while 1GB of data will be immediately credited to the user when they recharge for Rs. 249, the additional 9GB can be claimed by sending ‘4G Offer’ as an SMS to 52141. The company made the announcement alongside the launch of its 4G services in Gujarat.
A few days ago, Vodafone announced a free three-month subscription to its Vodafone Play app. The app will be available to to subscribers of any telecom operator, but charges will be incurred after the offer period. The app offers content such as videos, music and TV shows via content aggregators.
Ever since the entry of Reliance Jio, current telecom operators are scrambling to compete with new, cheaper tariff plans. Reliance Jio charges about Rs. 50 for each GB of data. Jio also offers free voice calls and unlimited SMS on its network. Further, Jio also offers free service on its apps till December 31 this year.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures