Xiaomi has announced that the Mi Pad (16GB) is now available for Rs. 10,999. The price of the tablet has reduced by Rs. 2000. Earlier the Mi Pad was priced at Rs. 12,999. The tablet is available on Mi.com and e-retail website Flipkart. Coming to the specifications of the Mi Pad, the device is powered by the NVIDIA Tegra K1 2.2GHz quad-core processor coupled with 2GB LPDDR3 RAM. As mentioned, the device has 16GB Flash storage expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card. The device has a 7.9-inch 1080p IPS display with a pixel density of 326 PPI with Gorilla Glass 3. The rear of the tablet has an 8MP rear camera with back-illuminated (BSI) sensor and also houses a 5MP front camera. A 6700mAh Lithium-ion Polymer battery powers the entire package.
You can read the complete press release below
Mi India is announcing today that Mi Pad (16GB) is now available for Rs 10,999, down Rs 2,000 from the original launch price of Rs 12,999 exclusively on Mi.com and Flipkart.com.
Packed with the powerful NVIDIA Tegra K1 2.2GHz quad-core processor, Mi Pad is especially designed for gamers and e-book readers with its high-resolution display that renders beautiful images and text. Since its launch last year, Mi Pad has received a great response from Mi fans for its responsive UI and gaming precision. Now, lower costs have enabled us to reduce the price of Mi Pad, and this translates into savings that Mi fans can enjoy to get hands-on on this powerful and versatile offering.
The key specifications include:
· NVIDIA Tegra K1 2.2GHz quad-core processor
· 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB Flash (expandable up to 128GB)
· 7.9" 1080p IPS high resolution display (326 PPI) with Gorilla Glass 3
· 8MP rear camera with BSI sensor and 5MP front camera
· 6700mAh Lithium-ion Polymer battery
Mr. Manu Jain, India Head, Xiaomi said, “We are overwhelmed with the warm reception that the powerful and versatile Mi Pad has continuously got from Mi Fans. We are happy to make the Mi Pad even more accessible to fans now. We also feel privileged to have a great partner like Flipkart to reach out to a wider set of people.”
Mr. Adarsh K Menon, VP Electronics, Flipkart said, “Tablets as a category is growing due to increased consumer preference for a 'compact all purpose device'. They are small and light but more than capable for viewing movies, listening to music, gaming & even reading magazines. Flipkart has always been the leading destination for electronics and we are excited to continue our exclusive association with Mi India for Mi Pad. Mi Pad with its high resolution display, great battery life & brilliant performance even for gaming, is an excellent recommendation for people looking for a tablet and has always been one of the best-selling tablets on Flipkart. We look forward to provide an amazing device to our consumers with an even better price point and hope to make this relationship stronger in the coming time.”
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet