The Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 tablet will have an Intel processor inside. While no official information has been received from the company, Geekbench benchmark scores found online have revealed that the Intel X5-Z8500 SoC, clocked at 2.24GHz, will be running on the Mi Pad 2. The tablet will also have 2GB of RAM, and will be running on the Android v5.1 operating system.
Scores on Geekbench indicate that the tablet will be an incremental update over the original. The results show a score of 985 on the single core performance test, while it scores 3268 on the multi-core test. The first version (Xiaomi Mi Pad) was powered by the Nvidia Tegra K1 SoC, which produced scores of about 1100 on the single core test, and 3400 on the multi-core test.
Further, reports say that the new version of the Mi Pad will have the same 7.9-inch display as the original, and may be unveiled alongside the Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone. Although rumours suggest that the phone (and perhaps the tablet) will be launched on December 3, no concrete launch date has been received from the company yet.
The Chinese upstart has been somewhat silent for a while, but rumours of its upcoming devices have been doing the rounds for a while now. The Xiaomi Mi 5 was earlier rumoured to run on the Snapdragon 820 processor, which was launched by Qualcomm a few days ago. The device is expected to have a 5.5 inch QHD display, 4GB of RAM, and a 16MP camera on the back. In addition, the Mi 5 should also have an 8MP camera on the front, along with at least 16GB of internal storage. There could also be two variants of the device, with 16/32GB variants or 32/64GB variants.
Note: Image used above shows the Xiaomi Mi Pad.
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet