Metis Learning and Intel have joined hands to launch a new educational tablet for kids. Called the Eddy, the new tablet runs Android 4.2.2 with overlay of proprietary Athena OS and is powered by Intel Atom Processor Z2520 processor.
The tablet has 7-inch multi touch capacitive IPS display with UV ray protective layer. The device has an internal storage of 16 GB and can be expanded up to 32 GB. It comes pre-loaded with over 160 learning apps selected by educators and experts. Eddy’s preloaded content covers over 300 key skills for kids between the ages of 2 to 10.
Priced at Rs. 9,999, the tablet will have launch discounts and offers worth Rs. 4,500 for a limited time. The tablet is exclusively available at Amazon.in.
On the sideline of this announcement, Mr. Sandeep Arora, Director, Marketing and Market Development, Intel South Asia said, “Today we live in an era where children are exposed to technology from their early years through the inevitable presence of multiple screens in their lives. When used efficiently and effectively technology truly be a wonderful part of a child’s life. The Eddy powered by the Intel Atom processor combines an ideal balance of performance and battery life coupled with strong learning content to provide an innovative and exciting solution for kids.”
“We are happy to be the partner of choice for Intel & Metis and offer our customers the opportunity to be the first to purchase the Eddy tablet. We are witnessing a significant demand for children’s products on Amazon.in and we see this as a great opportunity to offer customers across India the ease, convenience & joy of shopping for a great product that promises to make learning fun for kids,” adds Samir Kumar, Director Category Management, Amazon India.
Metis had launched an Eddy tablet earlier this year as well. The tablet, like the new one, focussed on educational content and featured 7-inch IPS display, Android Jelly Bean and dual-core processor.
Other Popular Deals
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet