- 28990/- Buy Now
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 10.1 Android Price in India
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 10.1 Android Rating 77100
With a price tag of around 28K, the Lenovo Yoga 2 gets ample competition from the iPad Retina or the Samsung Tab 4 or the upcoming Nexus 9. Nonetheless, the Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet is a good buy and from a practical perspective better than the rest but it lacks the utter simplicity of the Android UI since it is highly customized.
- Foldable kickstand
- Good battery
- Good performance
- Poor front facing camera
- Can be held in only one way in portrait mode
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 10.1 Android: Detailed Review
The Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet is different from the current crop of slab like tablets which look like oversized phones. The tablet’s form factor impressed us when we initially saw it but as we used the tablet, we did find a few kinks which were overlooked. Let’s dig in.
Design and Build
The Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet is one of the best designed and thought out tablets out there. Itt is a refinement over Lenovo's last gen Yoga tablet which also came with a kickstand. And this time around, Lenovo has added one more position- ‘Hang’ to the mix of ‘Hold,Tilt and Stand’. The Yoga 2 tablet takes its design cues from Lenovo’s old Vibe X like the grainy plastic silver finished back.
The tablet has a premium feel to it with its metal kickstand and impressive design. Lenovo has packed the entire 9600mAh battery on the left side of the screen cylinder which makes the tablet heavier on that side only. And if you try to hold the device from the other edge it does feel a little wobbly.
Display and UI
The 10.1 inch tablet we reviewed had an IPS display and 1920 x 1200 resolution. The display comes with reasonably sized bezels which makes holding it much easier. As for the display, it is bright and usable even under sunlight. However, the display is a bit reflective and is a fingerprint magnet.
The tablet runs a highly customised UI on top of Android 4.4 Kitkat. It has a lot of bloatware and Lenovo has tried to make the UI look more and more like iOS, be it the fogged glass look in the notifications drop-down or the multitasking menu or just the home screen. Therefore, the entire interface looks like a forked version of iOS and this means no app drawers but it works fine and we had no complaints except that we would have liked this even more if it had an app drawer and a more Android like feel to the UI.
YOGA TABLET 2 (10.1 inch)
Intel Atom Z3745 Processor
Android KitKat v4.4
16GB Internal, microSD card support
10.1 inch (1920 x 1200) pixels
Performance and Battery
The quad-core 1.86GHz Intel processor is capable enough to handle multiple intensive tasks at the same time and we had no issues while playing Asphalt 8, watching a 1080p movie or just writing this review on Google Docs. The tablet has stereo speakers on either side of the display which are decent enough to be used for watching movies but we wouldn't recommend them for listening to music.
As far as synthetic benchmarks are concerned, the tablet shows off good scores. Also, the Intel chip inside this tablet kept it cool unlike other devices that tend to heat up during these benchmarks.
Battery performance on the tablet is amazing. A fully charged tablet lasted for just less than 3 days when used for gaming, browsing YouTube, watching movies and listening to music. In our standard battery test, the tablet was able to last 17 hours.
While we're not big fans of taking pictures with a tablet, the 8MP camera on the Lenovo Yoga 2 tablet will do a decent enough job so that you can occasionally take a picture or two in good light. The camera takes too much time while focusing on a subject and pictures taken by the camera have a lot of noise. The video quality of the tablet is not great and you would be better off with your smartphone camera. You can’t capture anything in low light and the front facing camera is only good for video chats.
The Lenovo Yoga 2 is a likeable tablet and the kickstand increases its usability. The simple stand plays an important role in making this tablet likable since it lets you use it in different ways. So, if you are in the market for an Android tablet and have no great love for the stock Android UI, this is a good tablet to buy.
Where to buy
- Lenovo launches Yoga 900 laptop, Tab 3 Pro tablet in India
Lenovo has announced the Yoga 900 laptop and a new Yoga Tab 3 Pro tablet in India. The Yoga 900 is priced at Rs....08 - Feb - 2016
- Lenovo launches Yoga Tablet 2 series in India, starts at Rs. 20,990
Lenovo has launched its Yoga Tablet 2 series in India. The company has launched four new tablets under the line up,...16 - Oct - 2014
- Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro tablet launched in India, starts at Rs 1,14,990
Lenovo has launched the Yoga 3 Pro 'ultrabook' notebook at a hefty price tag of Rs. 1,14,990 in India. The...24 - Feb - 2015
Latest Forum discussions on Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 10.1 Android
- Lenovo launches c260 aio,yoga 2 ,flex 2 ,g40/g50 and z50 laptops in india.
The Lenovo Yoga 2 convertible ultrabook brings affordable multimode computing. The budget-friendly Yoga 2′s 10-point multi-touch 13.3-inch display flips back 360 degrees to offer four different usage modes like laptop, tablet, stand, and tent. Weighing 1.66 kg and measuring 17.3 mm thick, the Yoga 2 has a hybrid drive with 500 GB + 8 GB SSD...
- Chaitanya21/06/2014[QUOTE=V.VAIDYA;2127940] The next is the budget friendly Lenovo Flex 2, a 14-inch dual-mode laptop with a touchscreen that flips 300 degrees from laptop to stand mode. The laptop has backlit keyboard and comes in graphite grey colour. It measures 22.4 mm in thinness and weighs 1.9kg. Powered by up to fourth gen Intel Core i5 ULT processor, it...
- Theserpent21/06/2014Great a laptop with better specs than z510:| for 40k I should have waited
- Chaitanya21/06/2014Hey quick doubt... does the GT 840M really come in the lowest variant?? (cause I guess on Intel HD there)
- Nexus 7 (2013) or lenovo yoga 2 (8 inch)
I was inclined towards buying nexus 7 from FK but then came the news of [COLOR=#006400][B]Lenovo launching Yoga Tablet 2 (8 inch) at 20K[/B][/COLOR] and the design philosophy and battery life of Lenovo Tablet stole my peace of mind. The only drawback that I could think of Yoga Tablet as of now is the [B][COLOR=#ff0000]uncertainty of Android L...
- Vyom18/10/2014Well, Lenovo Yoga 2 was launched this month only. So I am certainly sure update will have no problem. The device "should" get atleast one update if not more. As far as looks is concerned that's a personal taste. But as far as specs go, despite the fact that N7 2013 is a year old, it still boasts of a good config. Atom processor which is in Yoga...
- Srkmish18/10/2014I sometimes think these companies give names to their products when high. Why does Yoga have to be both android and Windows. The 'pro' is the differentiator. Searching for a simple Lenovo Yoga 2 in google displays a bunch of pages related to the pro version with windows.
- Sksundram19/10/2014I am still unable to decide. That 4G spec is alluring which I am not going to get in Nexus 7 at that price as well as the microSD slot option. The resolution is also same and that specific Intel processor is at par with S4 Pro. :-?
- Lenovo announces yoga tablets with built-in kickstands
Specifications: [B]Yoga Tablet 8 [/B] 1.2Ghz quad-core MediaTek 8125 (Cortex A7) HD display (1280x800) 1GB RAM 6,000 mAh battery Android 4.2 Jelly Bean 16GB of storage plus a MicroSD card slot 5MP rear camera Price : $249 [B]Yoga Tablet 10[/B] 1.2Ghz quad-core MediaTek 8125 (Cortex A7) HD display (1280x800) 1GB RAM 9,000 mAh battery Android...
- $hadow30/10/2013Tablets design looks nice. But that back stand is looking intresting to me.
- Kg11sgbg30/10/2013The drawback is that of 1GB RAM,why can't LENOVO provide 2GB RAM? It makes the functioning of Tabs a feather like experience,within the same budget.
- $hadow30/10/2013[QUOTE=kg11sgbg;2025172]The drawback is that of 1GB RAM,why can't LENOVO provide 2GB RAM? It makes the functioning of Tabs a feather like experience,within the same budget.[/QUOTE] Who knows they may provide ultrabay for adding more ram in tablet:-D. They are known for taking the initiative.
- Lenovo yoga ideapad series now available in india starting from 61790
[url=http://www.bgr.in/news/lenovo-ideapad-yoga-launched-in-india-from-rs-61790/]Lenovo Ideapad Yoga launched in India from Rs 61,790 | News & Video Reviews of Gadgets at BGR India[/url] The Ideapad Yoga 13 features a third generation Intel Core i-series processor, a 13.3-inch 1600�--1900 pixels IPS display, 4GB of RAM and 128GB SSD. It weighs...
- Lenovo ideapad twist and yoga 13". a good buy?? planning to buy.
Recently after watching new Intel Ultrabook Convertible advertisements, I got hooked onto buying one. Have persuaded my father and the only thing remaining is choosing one. I found Lenovo Ideapad...