Rumours about HTC-Google tie up for the next gen Nexus tablet have been doing the rounds for months. Recent rumours suggested the Nexus 9 is internally known as Volantis and will be launched around the fourth quarter of this year. And now we have first leaked image and more information about the HTC Volantis, courtesy @evleaks.
According to @evleaks, the HTC device will come with a silver aliuminum unibody. The Volantis will come with 64-bit Nvidia Tegra K1 processor, 5GB DDR3 RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and either a 5MP or 8MP main camera. The Volantis will sport an 8.9-inch display with 2,560x1,600 pixel resolution and not the 2,048x1,440 pixels as previously rumoured. Earlier rumours had claimed the device will have a 2GB of RAM.
“HTC Volantis macro shot: silver aluminum unibody (earlier renders/concepts were “fake”), 64-bit Tegra K1 (testing w SD810), 5GB DDR3 (non-final), 8.9″ 1680×1050 (should ship with 2560×1600), 64GB, 5MP/1080p (8MP at retail?), Boomsound,” says evleaks.
The leakster has posted an image of the device as well, which reveals brushed metal and parts of the device which appears to be rear camera with flash. Nothing more is clear from the image though.
Other Popular Deals
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet