The thinnest tablet in the world, the Dell Venue 8 7480 series, was made official in India yesterday. The device was launched alongside the company’s new range of laptops and PCs, including the Dell XPS 13, Alienware 15 and others. Dell has placed the tablet among the high-end offerings in the market, pricing it at Rs. 34,999.
Alongside the fact that it is the thinnest tablet in the world, at only 6mm, the Dell Venue 8 7480 is also the only tablet to boast Intel’s Realsense Camera technology. This adds features like depth sensing, image refocus etc. in the Venue 8. Essentially, the tablet has four cameras in total — a 5MP camera on the front, an 8MP camera on the back, and two RealSense sensors below the 8MP sensor on the back. The Realsense technology uses these additional sensors to add the depth sensing and refocus options.
For the full specs of the Dell Venue 8, read below:
8.4-inch QHD OLED display
16/32GB internal storage, expandable to 512GB
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 CPU
8MP rear camera, with Intel RealSense Camera technology
5MP front camera
5,900 mAh battery
Android 5.0 Lollipop
If you’ve read about or used the Asus Zenfone 2 (4GB), you would recognise the Intel processor on the Dell Venue 8. The same processor powers both the devices, and the Venue 8 also has the PowerVR GPU that the Zenfone 2 does. From our experience with the Zenfone 2, the new Intel processor is quite powerful and heat efficient, although it’s not as battery efficient as we would have liked. The Dell Venue 8 also has a full metal body, but manages to feel quite light for a tablet.
There are a lot of interesting elements here, but Dell is shooting for the stars, pricing the tablet at the top end of the market. The Dell Venue 8 certainly has the specs for it, and we hope the performance justifies the price.
Other Popular Deals
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet