DataWind UbiSlate7Cz and UbiSlate3G7 budget tablets will come bundled with 12 months of free unlimited Internet browsing with BSNL in southern India. The tablet maker has also entered into a retail partnership with UniverCell, to market the company's UbiSlate tablets. Until recently DataWind products were primarily sold via e-commerce and direct-to-consumer channels such as TV home-shopping.
Datawind known for its Aakash tablets, will be offering its UbiSlate series of models including 7Cx, 7C Plus, 7CZ and 3G7 which are priced between Rs 3,999 and Rs 4,999 with the free Internet access. Datawind will now offer its entire product range of UbiSlate Tablet PCs and PocketSurfer smartphones at UniverCell's more than 500 retail outlets spread across southern India.
"The relationship with UniverCell significantly expands our distribution by adding a significant player from the retail channel to support our tablet sales," Suneet Singh Tuli, chief executive at DataWind, said in a statement.
"Association with BSNL for bundled internet service to our customers is a major breakthrough. This unique partnership validates our technology and belief in low cost internet connectivity sans barriers" Tuli added.
The company will be focusing on rural areas to increase its market share. “We ship around 2,500-3,000 devices a day now and in the first quarter of the year, we were the largest supplier of tablets in India. We sold a million units in the last one year (15 months) plus one-lakh units (of Aakash) to the Government,” he said.
Tuli added that Datawind will also participate in the bidding for the 22-lakh ‘Aakash-4’ project which will be coming out in mid-December. The tablet maker is also planning to enter overseas markets including UK, the US and Canada. Datawind already has presence in 13 countries including Mexico, Nepal, Bangladesh, Zambia, Tanzania, Uruguay and Sri Lanka.
“We are aiming to add around two countries every month over the next few months,” Tuli added.
Other Popular Deals
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet