Amazon has unveiled a new e-book reader called the Kindle Oasis. The new Kindle is priced at $290, which is approximately Rs. 19,300. The company says that the device is over 20% lighter and 30% thinner than any other Kindle and weighs about 133 gms. The Kindle Oasis comes with a 6-inch display with a resolution of 300 ppi, which is the same as the Kindle Voyage. However, the new device uses 10 LEDs for the built-in light as compared to 6 LEDs used in the Voyage.
The Kindle Oasis also comes with a leather charging cover and adds to the battery already built into the device. The cover will automatically charge the device and Amazon claims that users will get months of combined battery life. The Oasis also comes with a hibernation mode that minimizes power consumption when the device is inactive. The device also comes with dedicated page turn buttons. Last week, Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos had posted a tweet in which he had teased the launch of the Kindle Oasis.
Other Popular Deals
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet