- Extended Five-year Warranty
- Data Integrity Protection Featuring DuraClass Technology
- Only Client-based SSD to Offer Enterprise S.M.A.R.T Attributes
Mumbai, INDIA – September 14, 2011 – Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping SSDNow KC100, the company’s first SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) business-equipped SSD. SSDNow KC100 utilizes the latest award-winning SandForce controller. This powerhouse SSD delivers exceptional performance and instantly boosts the productivity of any client system.
SSDNow KC100 is backed by a five-year warranty to match the industry average for product refresh cycles in the enterprise. Utilizing SandForce’s DuraClass technology, SSDNow KC100 delivers world-class data integrity protection. Corporations can rest assured their data is safe as the drive offers advanced wear leveling and garbage collection to maintain optimal endurance and performance. Data integrity protection runs transparently in the background so it never disrupts daily business.
SSDNow KC100 is the only business-equipped SSD to offer enterprise-level S.M.A.R.T attributes. The SSD’s usage statistics, health and life stage can be monitored with industry standard and publicly available S.M.A.R.T monitoring tools. This provides peace of mind for IT departments knowing their employees are taken care of as the SSDNow KC100 client-side SSDs are reliable and running optimally.
"Kingston is thrilled to offer the new business-equipped SSDNow KC100 SSD to enterprises," said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. "Data integrity is important to every company and the SSDNow KC100 is sure to deliver the highest standards of data protection on the client systems in which it is installed. Users can rest assured that with the combination of its endurance, reliability and performance, SSDNow KC100 will become a very important asset in the workplace."
The new SSDNow KC100 self-encrypts to provide full and immediate client-level data encryption. With two embedded encryption engines, running in both AES-128 and AES-256, encryption is performed at the drive level without draining host system resources and slowing down data transfer rates. SSDNow KC100 is also backwards-compatible with current SATA 2 systems so investments are future-proofed for the next client system upgrade.
SSDNow KC100 ships in 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities, as a standalone or as an upgrade bundle kit. It is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com/asia
Kingston SSDNow KC100 Features and Specifications:
- Sequential Reads 6Gb/s1:
- SATA Rev. 3.0 – 120GB & 240GB: 555MB/s; 480GB: 540MB/s
- SATA Rev. 2.0 – 120GB, 240GB & 480GB: 280MB/s
- Sequential Writes 6Gb/s:
- SATA Rev. 3.0 – 120GB & 240GB: 510MB/s; 480GB: 450MB/s
- SATA Rev. 2.0 – 120GB, 240GB & 480GB: 260MB/s
- Sustained Random 4K Read/Write2:
- 120GB: 20,000 / 60,000 IOPS
- 240GB: 40,000 / 60,000 IOPS
- 480GB: 60,000/45,000 IOPS
- Max Random 4K Read/Write:
- 120GB: 90,000 / 70,000 IOPS
- 240GB: 95,000 / 60,000 IOPS
- 480GB: 77,000 / 45,000 IOPS
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev 2.0 (3Gb/s) and SATA Rev 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)
- Guaranteed: Five-year Kingston warranty, free tech support
- Enterprise S.M.A.R.T Tools: Reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, power loss, wear levelling, temperature, drive life protection.
- Capacity3: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
- Storage Temperatures: -40°C - 85°C
- Operating Temperatures: 0°C - 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G
- Operating Shock: 1500G
- Power Specs: 0.455 W (TYP) Idle / 1.6 W (TYP) Read / 2.05 W (TYP) Write
Kingston SSDNow KC100 Business Equipped Solid-State Drive
Capacity and features
120GB SSDNow KC100 Stand-alone SSD
240GB SSDNow KC100 Stand-alone SSD
480GB SSDNow KC100 Stand-alone SSD
120GB SSDNow KC100 Upgrade Bundle Kit
240GB SSDNow KC100 Upgrade Bundle Kit
480GB SSDNow KC100 Upgrade Bundle Kit
- Based on "out-of-box performance" with ATTO Disk Benchmark 2.41. Speed may vary due to host hardware software and usage
- Based on "out-of-box performance" with IOMeter08
- Please note: Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s memory Guide at http://kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.
To find out if your Kingston product is genuine, Kingston also provides an online verification site: www.kingston.com/asia/verify. To try the game "Search for Genuine Kingston", please go to http://anti-counterfeit.kingston-blog.com. For the interesting animation: The Adventures of Rex, please visit: www.theadventuresofrex.com.
Kingston products are sold in India through
Avnet India Pvt Ltd, Ingram Micro, Neoteric Informatique Limited, HCL Infosystems Limited, Compuage Infocom Limited, Transtek Infoways Private Limited, Shree Pati Computers Private Limited.
Avnet India Pvt Ltd, Fortune Marketing, HCL Infosystems Limited, Compuage Infocom Limited, Neoteric Informatique Limited, Shree Pati Computers Private Limited
Liaison Office (India)
808, Palm Spring Center, Above Croma,
Link Road, Malad West, Mumbai – 400064
Phone number: 022 42230300 Fax: 022 42230399
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China, and sales representatives in the United States, Taiwan, China, India, Australia, Vietnam, Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com/asia.
# # #
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.