Windows 10, the much-hyped successor to Windows 8, is here, and is presently being given out to existing Windows users across 190 nations. Launch events are being held in 13 cities, including New Delhi. The new operating system has undergone eight months of development, right from adding new features to innumerable patches and fixes. Microsoft’s Windows Insider program, that gave rolling updates to Windows testers, has already given an extensive preview into what can be expected out of Windows 10, and here is officially what’s new.
Microsoft is touting Windows 10Where to buy 56800 to be the “most secure” Windows ever, with new features as the Edge browser, Cortana, Photos, Xbox app and a number of new features. Windows 10 has also been said to be the ’final’ version of Windows, and Microsoft will be providing rolling updates to keep the operating system up-to-date with future standards. Additionally, Windows 10 is not being looked at as a standalone PC operating system, but as a universal platform for multiple devices of varying form factor, echoing CEO Satya Nadella’s objective of providing a universal platform for all devices. Windows 10 also features Continuum, which will allow future Windows 10 Mobile devices to convert into the PC form factor when connected to a larger display and a keyboard bundle.
Read the key notes from Microsoft’s press release on Windows 10Where to buy 56800’s launch here:
Windows 10Where to buy 56800 is more personal and productive, with voice, pen and gesture inputs for natural interaction with PCs. It’s designed to work with Office and Skype and allows you to switch between apps and stay organized with Snap and Task View. Windows 10 offers many innovative experiences and devices, including the following:
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant, makes it easy to find the right information at the right time.
- New Microsoft Edge browser lets people quickly browse, read, and mark up and share the Web.
- The integrated Xbox app delivers the Xbox experience to Windows 10Where to buy 56800, bringing together friends, games and accomplishments across Xbox One and Windows 10 devices.
- Continuum optimizes apps and experiences beautifully across touch and desktop modes.
- Built-in apps including Photos; Maps; Microsoft’s new music app, Groove; and Movies & TV offer entertainment and productivity options. With OneDrive, files can be easily shared and kept up-to-date across all devices.
- A Microsoft Phone Companion app enables iPhones, Android or Windows phones to work seamlessly with Windows 10 devices.
- The all new Office Mobile apps for Windows 10 tablets are available today in the Windows Store4. Built for work on-the-go, the Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps offer a consistent, touch-first experience for small tablets. And for all your digital note taking needs, the full featured OneNote app comes pre-installed with Windows 10. The upcoming release of the Office desktop apps (Office 2016) will offer our richest feature set for professional content creation. Designed for the precision of a keyboard and mouse, these apps will be optimized for large screen PCs, laptops, and 2-in-1 devices like the Surface Pro.