AMD EPYC server processors have finally got a release date. At the COMPUTEX 2017 press conference today, AMD announced that the EPYC server processors will officially start retailing from June 20th, 2017. Codenamed Naples, AMD’s EPYC processors have been getting quite the attention because of the massive 32 core / 64 thread SKU that the Naples family will bring to the enterprise market. These processors will have much higher cache memory as compared to the previous generations.
AMD EPYC Processor key highlights
AMD EPYC processors will have support for 8-channels of memory per CPU which in a multi-socket setup will scale. So a 2S setup will have 16-channels of memory and support for 32 DIMMs of DDR4 memory which brings the total memory capacity to 4 TB. Moreover, the Zen architecture based EPYC processors are complete SoCs so there’s no need for a separate chipset. The flagship EPYC processor will feature 128 PCIe 3.0 lanes. The interconnect system that AMD has to help with a multi-socket system is the same Infinity Fabric that we heard of back when Ryzen and Vega were announced.
AMD EPYC Processor pricing
As of now, we have no details regarding the pricing of AMD’s new EPYC server processors. Consumer products generally have their pricing unveiled at the launch event and we expect the same to be done with EPYC as well.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Gaming PC config under Rs. 60,000 (November 2015)Build a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (Dec 2014)
- Best graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.10,000 in IndiaBest graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.5,000 in India
- First look: Gigabyte BRIX PCKingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD 480 GB
- 13 PC cabinets for your gaming rig under Rs. 10,000Graphics cards for every budget
- Top Routers under Rs.5,000ECS Liva X Mini PC
- Kickass Gaming Machine under Rs.60,000Best 802.11 AC Routers to buy this Diwali
- Digit builds India's fastest PC worth Rs 16.5 lakhsBuild an HTPC under Rs. 30,000 (Dec 2014)
- 6 Mini PCs you can buy todayGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Graphics Card