AMD’s COMPUTEX 2017 press conference didn’t turn out to be all that we’d hoped out to be but we now have tentative dates for the launch of the upcoming Ryzen 9 ThreadRipper processors which will ship with the new X399 platform. An exact date of price wasn’t disclosed at the press conference but we were told that ‘late this summer’, we should have the official launch of the ThreadRipper processors.
AMD ThreadRipper specifications and pricing
As we approach the launch day, we’ll have more details but this is what we know so far. The flagship AMD ThreadRipper will have 16-core and 32-threads. Each and every ThreadRipper CPU will have 64 PCIe 3.0 lanes. Again, each and every ThreadRipper CPU will have support for quad-channel memory and you’ll need a motherboard with the new X399 chipset to run them. The pricing details were not revealed but we expect AMD to price the SKUs below what Intel revealed yesterday with their Core X-series of processors. Of which the flagship 7980XE will have 18-cores and 36-threads. For all we know, by the time AMD launches ThreadRipper officially, they probably might turn up with a ThreadRipper that has more cores than 16 or 18.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Gaming PC config under Rs. 60,000 (November 2015)Build a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (Dec 2014)
- Best graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.10,000 in IndiaBest graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.5,000 in India
- First look: Gigabyte BRIX PCKingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD 480 GB
- 13 PC cabinets for your gaming rig under Rs. 10,000Graphics cards for every budget
- Top Routers under Rs.5,000ECS Liva X Mini PC
- Kickass Gaming Machine under Rs.60,000Best 802.11 AC Routers to buy this Diwali
- Digit builds India's fastest PC worth Rs 16.5 lakhsBuild an HTPC under Rs. 30,000 (Dec 2014)
- 6 Mini PCs you can buy todayGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Graphics Card