Samsung has announced new 60GHz Wi-Fi technology that is claimed to be capable of speeds five times faster than current Wi-Fi speeds. The electronics giant says that the technology will enable data transmission speeds of up to 4.6Gbps and says that it will commercialize the technology in 2015.
Samsung says that it 802.11ad standard 60GHz Wi-Fi technology can maintain the top speed by eliminating co-channel interference, not matter how many devices are on the same network. The technology demonstrates actual speed that is more than 10 times faster than that of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi technologies.
Samsung says that they are expecting to bring this new 60GHz technology a new range of audio visual, medical as well as telecom devices in the near future. The tech giant says that the technology will be ‘integral’ to development of Internet of Things and Smart Home devices. Read: Samsung Smart Home unvieled, lets you control home devices through a single app
Kim Chang Yong, Head of DMC R&D Center of Samsung Electronics stated ,"Samsung has successfully overcome the barriers to the commercialization of 60GHz millimeter-wave band Wi-Fi technology, and looks forward to commercializing this breakthrough technology,” said “New and innovative changes await Samsung’s next-generation devices, while new possibilities have been opened up for the future development of Wi-Fi technology.”
Apart from Samsung technology giants Nokia and Huawei have are also testing high WiFi speeds. Earlier this year Nokia demonstrated 3.78Gbps 4G speeds at the Mobile Asia Expo. Huawei also successfully tested speed of 10Gbps at 5GHz in their test labs in China.
Other Popular Deals
- 14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (July 2016)
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 [June...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [June 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures