Xiaomi has confirmed that it will unveil its own Pinecone processors on February 28. The company made the announcement on its official Weibo page. Details about the processors were not revealed, but previous reports suggest that there will initially be two Pinecone processors codenamed V670 and V970. The Pinecone V670 is tipped to feature eight Cortex A53 cores in a big.LITTLE setup, while the Pinecone V970 is expected to feature four Cortex A53 cores and four Cortex A73 cores. The V670 will reportedly employ the 28nm process, while the V970 may use a 10nm process.
Xiaomi’s plans to build and use its own processors on its smartphones goes all the way back to 2015, when reports suggested that the company had signed a deal with Leadcore. The two companies had worked together on the Xiaomi Redmi 2A, which was powered by a Leadcore L1860C SoC. Currently, only three smartphone manufacturers use their own chipsets for use on their phones. This includes Apple (A Series), Samsung (Exynos) and Huawei (Kirin).
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures