Xiaomi is expected to launch the Redmi Note 5, successor to the company's best-selling Redmi Note 4, at the end of this month or early next month. The handset is tipped to launch with Snapdragon 630 chipset and three different storage options. There are also rumours that the cheaper version of the Redmi Note 5 could be introduced as the Redmi Note 5A. However, it now seems that Xiaomi is also prepared to announce its Redmi 4 successor.
The purported Redmi 5 has made its way to Weibo, China's micro-blogging platform revealing full specifications and pricing. The images reveal that the Redmi 5 will feature a design similar to Redmi 4 but sport rounded antenna lines. The leaked images also show there will be three variants with different chipsets and RAM option. The Redmi 5 will sport a 5-inch full HD IPS LCD display and run MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The handset is expected to offer a 16MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera. The battery capacity is said to be 3680mAh, smaller than the 4100mAh battery found on Redmi 4. The pricing seems to indicate a slight premium over existing models.
The leaked image suggests there will be two variants primarily differentiated by the processor model. It suggests there will be a 3GB RAM variant with Snapdragon 625 clocked at 2GHz and option for either 16 or 32GB storage. There is also a Snapdragon 630 powered variant with an option for 3GB RAM, 32GB storage and a 4GB RAM variant with either 32GB or 64GB storage. All the models detailed in the leaked image support expandable storage and dual-SIM connectivity.
The 3GB RAM variant powered by Snapdragon 625 is tipped to retail at 859 Yuan (approximately Rs 8,600) for the 16GB storage variant and 1039 Yuan (approximately Rs 10400) for the 32GB storage model. The Snapdragon 630 powered model with 3GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage could retail for 1,099 Yuan (approximately Rs 11,000) while the 4GB RAM model with 32GB storage is priced at 1,199 Yuan (approximately Rs 12,000). The 4GB RAM variant with 64GB storage will retail at 1,299 Yuan (approximately Rs 13,000).
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures