Xiaomi's next Redmi smartphone will be available exclusively on Amazon India. Xiaomi India has started sending out media invites for an event on March 20 where the company is likely to introduce its entry-level Redmi 4A smartphone.
Manu Jain, Xiaomi VP and India Managing Director tweeted that the company will also announce a major milestone in its India journey. Xiaomi made its India debut in 2014 and crossed $1 billion in revenue last year. The company has also embraced the 'Make in India' initiative by assembling its smartphones locally.
Xiaomi announced its Redmi 4 series as an update to the Redmi 3 smartphones in China in November. The company introduced Redmi 4A as its entry-level smartphone offering priced at 499 Yuan (around Rs 5,000). The handset features a 5-inch HD display and sports an all-metal unibody design. Powering the device is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 platform coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage.
The Redmi 4, on the other hand, was announced in two variants: standard and pro. The standard version gets a 5-inch 720p HD display, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage and Snapdragon 430 platform. The Redmi 4 Pro version comes with a 5-inch full HD display, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage and Snapdragon 625 SoC. Xiaomi Redmi 4 and Redmi 4A feature a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera. The Redmi 4 series is backed by a 4100mAh battery while the Redmi 4A houses a smaller 3120mAh battery. Both the smartphones support Qualcomm's Quick Charge technology.
Xiaomi recently announced Redmi Note 4 in India at starting price of Rs 9,999. The company claims to have sold 1 million units of Redmi Note 4 in just 45 days. With Redmi 4A, Xiaomi could set new standard for entry-level smartphone segment in India.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures