Xiaomi has officially announced Redmi 4A, its latest budget smartphone in India. The smartphone can be seen as the successor to Redmi 1A, Xiaomi's first entry-level smartphone launched way back in 2014. The device is priced at Rs 5,999 and will be available exclusively on Amazon India and company's own e-store.
At company's event today, Xiaomi also announced that its commencing operations at its second manufacturing plant in India. Xiaomi has become the second largest smartphone brand in India and the new manufacturing unit will further strengthen its local operations. The company claims to have over 5000 employees in the manufacturing plant with an output of one smartphone every second. Xiaomi VP Manu Jain added that more than 95 percent of its smartphones sold in India come from its Sri City unit.
With Redmi 4a, Xiaomi has another best-seller under its sleeve especially considering the price. The smartphone comes with a 5-inch HD display and sports an all-metal unibody design. Powering the smartphone is a quad-core Snapdragon 425 chipset coupled with Adreno 308 GPU. There is 2GB RAM, 16GB storage and support for up to 128GB via microSD card slot.
As far as camera is concerned, Redmi 4A offers a 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, HDR mode and real-time. The handset also offers a 5MP selfie-camera with updated beautification mode. Redmi 4A supports 4G LTE and runs MIUI 8.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
xiaomi redmi 4aWhere to buy 5999 houses a 3120mAh battery, which is 56 percent larger than the battery found on Redmi 1S. The Redmi 4A will be available in dark grey, gold, rose gold colour options. The smartphone goes on sale starting March 23 at 12 noon from Amazon.in and Mi.com. The company has also confirmed that rose gold variant will only be available starting April 6 exclusively on its own e-store.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures