Xiaomi was initially rumoured to introduce the Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus at its April 19 launch event. While the company did announce the Mi 6 with Snapdragon 835 processor, 6GB RAM and dual rear camera setup, its larger sibling was not showcased at the event. Now a new Chinese 3C listing suggests that Xiaomi could announce Mi 6 Plus in the next two months.
Xiaomi Mi 6 Plus with model number MDE40 has been spotted on China's 3C certification website. Playfuldroid quotes Chinese analyst Pan JiuTing as saying that the device will be launched within two months with slightly larger display and improved specifications. Xiaomi Mi 6 Plus was previously rumoured to launch with 5.7-inch full HD display, Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 chipset, 6GB RAM and option for either 64GB, 128GB or 256GB storage. The Mi 6 Plus is rumoured to be priced at 2,599 Yuan for the 64GB variant, 3,099 Yuan for the 128GB storage model and 3,699 Yuan for the 256GB storage option.
Meanwhile, a TENAA listing spotted by Playfuldroid indicates that the Xiaomi Mi 6 will be available in 11 different colour options. Xiaomi Mi 6 was announced in black, blue, white and silver options at the company's April 19 event. In addition to these colours, the handset is also likely to be offered in gold, gray, pink, champagne gold, dark grey, cherry blossom and frosted black options in China.
To recall, the Mi 6 is Xiaomi's flagship smartphone for 2017 and it features new four-sided 3D curved edge design. The smartphone features a 5.15-inch 1080p display and is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6GB RAM and option for 64 or 128GB storage. Xiaomi Mi 6 also features a new dual rear camera setup similar to that of iPhone 7 Plus. There is a dual 12MP rear camera with one wide-angle lens and another telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom. The front camera is an 8MP selfie shooter with support for beautification mode and 1080p video recording. Xiaomi Mi 6 features front-mounted under-glass fingerprint sensor and skips on the 3.5mm audio jack. It comes with 3350mAh battery with support for fast charging and will go on sale starting April 28 in China.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures