Xiaomi has finally announced its 2017 flagship Mi 6 in China. As expected, the smartphone comes with a dual-rear camera setup and Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 835 platform. Xiaomi claims it took seven years for them to create its latest flagship device. Xiaomi Mi 6 features stainless steel casing with curved glass on all four sides. The new design integrates the dual-rear camera setup and now offers under-glass fingerprint sensor on the front along with splash resistance.
In terms of specifications, the Mi 6 features a 5.15-inch Full HD display. The Mi 6 becomes the third official device after Sony Xperia XZ Premium and Samsung Galaxy S8 series to house the new chipset. The smartphone comes with 6GB RAM and option for either 64GB or 128GB storage. Xiaomi Mi 6 also supports dual-front stereo speaker setup, similar to the Apple iPhone 7.
Xiaomi Mi 6 sports two 12MP cameras at the back. The setup is similar to that of iPhone 7 Plus, with one wide-angle lens and another telephoto lens. The rear camera offers 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom and portrait mode with background blur. The optically stablised rear camera also uses accelerometer and gyroscope data to provide image stabilisation. There is also an 8MP front camera with support for different beautification modes.
The Mi 6 comes with 3350mAh battery and runs the latest version of MIUI, which is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Like the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, Xiaomi has also dropped the 3.5mm audio jack from the smartphone. The 64GB storage variant of the device is priced at 2,499 Yuan (approximately Rs. 25,000) while the 128GB variant is priced at 2,899 Yuan (approximately Rs. 29,000). The Chinese smartphone maker is also offering a ceramic version with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage at 2,999 Yuan (approximately Rs 30,000).
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures