Xiaomi has announced the launch of the Mi Mix 2, the successor to last year's Mi Mix smartphone. The Mi Mix 2 sports a thinner design and even thinner bezels than its predecessor. The company says the Mi Mix 2 offers 12 percent reduced chin in comparison to its predecessor.
The Mi Mix 2 features 7-series aluminium alloy frame with four-sided curved ceramic body. The smartphone sports a 5.99-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels and taller 18:9 aspect ratio, similar to the one found on the recently launched Vivo V7+. It is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 chipset, coupled with 6GB RAM and option for either 64GB or 128GB or 256GB internal storage.
Xiaomi's Mi Mix 2 sports a bezel-less design but it doesn't offer a dual rear camera setup. It sports a single 12MP rear camera setup with a Sony IMX386 sensor, similar to the one found on the company's flagship Mi 6. The rear camera sensor supports larger 1.25 micron pixels and has four axis optical image stabilisation. The smartphone features a 5MP front camera and it continues to be placed at the lower side of the device. With the Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi has also tweaked the audio output with a hidden speaker and proximity sensor setup similar to Andy Rubin's Essential Phone.
The Mi Mix 2 runs Xiaomi's MIUI 9 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The smartphone is backed by a 3400mAh battery, which is smaller than the 4400mAh battery found on its predecessor. Alongside Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi is also introducing a Special Edition with ceramic unibody design and option for either black or white colour variant.
The standard Mi Mix 2 with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage is priced at 3,299 Yuan (around Rs 33,000) while the variant with 128GB storage is priced at 3599 Yuan (around Rs 36,000). The top-end model with 6GB RAM and 256GB storage will retail for 3,999 Yuan (around Rs 40,000). The Special Edition Mi Mix 2 with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage will set you back by 4,699 Yuan (around Rs 47,000).
At Mi Mix 2 launch, Xiaomi also showcased Mi Note 3, a variant of company's flagship Mi 6 smartphone with a larger 5.5-inch display. The company also launched the Mi Notebook Pro with 15.6-inch display, 8th generation Intel Core processors, dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics, up to 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD storage. While we have no info on whether the Mi Note 3 and the Mi Notebook Pro is coming to India, Xiaomi’s VP Manu Jain has confirmed via a tweet the Mi Mix 2 is heading to India.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures