Xiaomi has sent out media invites for its first product launch in India this year. While the invite does not specify any device, widespread expectations hint at a possible launch of the Redmi Note 4 in India. The new smartphone is expected to replace the popular Redmi Note 3, although it may not offer a comprehensive upgrade in terms of specifications.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was launched in China last year, with a 5.5-inch Full HD display layered with 2.5D curved glass on top. While the China variant is powered by the MediaTek Helio X20 SoC, it is expected to launch with Qualcomm Snapdragon inside, in India. It also houses 64GB of native storage along with 3GB RAM, and a bigger battery pack. It is expected to be priced similarly as the Redmi Note 3.
Xiaomi’s Redmi series has been massively popular since launching in India last year. It provided great value for money in terms of specifications on offer, setting precedent for budget devices in India. The upcoming launch has not yet been detailed, and it remains to be seen if Xiaomi indeed launches the successor to Redmi Note 3.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures