OnePlus will finally announce its OnePlus 5 flagship smartphone globally on June 20. The company has also planned an event for its China launch on June 21 followed by India launch on June 22. Ahead of its launch, the smartphone is already gaining a lot of traction among online buyers.
China's online retailer JD.com has received over 3,00,000 registrations for the handset within two days, reports Phonesdaily. While this number includes only the registrations made on the retailer's web site, the actual interest on the device might be higher. In China, most of the purchases for OnePlus devices happen via company's own e-store.
OnePlus has been building hype around the device by slowly revealing different piece of information. The company CEO Pete Lau recently revealed the design indicating that it will resemble iPhone 7 Plus' design with U-shaped antenna lines and horizontally mounted dual rear camera setup.
The smartphone is already confirmed to feature Snapdragon 835 chipset and the dual rear camera setup is said to include one colour and one monochrome sensor. A recent leak indicated that the handset will arrive in two variants: 6GB RAM variant with 64GB storage and 8GB RAM variant with 128GB storage. OnePlus 5 is rumoured to be priced at Rs 32,999 for the 6GB RAM variant and Rs 37,999 for the 8GB RAM variant.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures