Nokia just confirmed that its announcements at MWC 2017 will have relevance for Indian consumers too. The company just sent us an invite for its “announcements” at MWC. Nokia hasn’t said anything more than what we already knew from its Facebook post earlier in the day, but this gives us a clearer picture about when we can hope to hear more about its Indian endeavours.
This also confirms long standing rumours about the company unveiling its new products at MWC 2017. Nokia announced the Nokia 6 earlier this month, but has made it clear that the phone will be exclusive to the Chinese market.
However, given the mixed reactions we’ve seen to the Nokia 6, it is possible that Nokia will have a country-specific plan for India. While the Chinese market is indeed the biggest for smartphones, the Indian market is a close second. Moreover, the opportunity of growth in the Indian market is huge, and Nokia’s brand value can go a long way in convincing customers here.
We do not know much about what the next smartphones could be, but we need only wait till February 26 for more information.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures