HMD Global will launch Nokia's range of smartphones in India tomorrow, and it seems like the prices for the phones may have already leaked. According to a report by Bestsmartphonesunder, the Nokia 3 will be priced at Rs. 9,990 and Nokia 5 will retail at Rs. 12,990. Nokia 6, the company's premium mid-range smartphone will become available at Rs. 15,990.
The report further adds that Nokia's Android smartphones will become available for preorder starting tomorrow itself and will ship a week later, starting June 20. Nokia had earlier confirmed that its mobile devices will be available online as well as offline. The smartphones are said to be available online on Amazon and Flipkart.
To recall, HMD Global announced its first Nokia-branded smartphone called the Nokia 6 in January, exclusively for the Chinese market. The company then announced a global variant of the device at MWC, alongside the Nokia 3 and the Nokia 5. The Nokia 6 is the most premium of the three Android smartphones and features a 5.5-inch Full HD display, Snapdragon 430 processor, 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. The Nokia 6 sports a 16MP rear camera and an 8MP front camera. It runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is backed by a 3000mAh battery with support for fast charging.
The Nokia 5 features a smaller 5.2-inch HD display, Snapdragon 430 processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, 13MP rear camera and an 8MP selfie camera. The smartphone runs Android Nougat and supports 4G VoLTE. It also sports a 3000mAh battery. The Nokia 3 will be HMD Global's entry-level smartphone and features a 5-inch HD display, MediaTek MT6737 quad-core chipset, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, 8MP front and rear cameras. The handset supports 4G VoLTE and will launch with Android 7.1.1 Nougat. It is backed by a 2650mAh battery, but won't support fast charging.
Earlier, reports suggested that only the Nokia 3 will be available for purchase at the time of launch, while the Nokia 5 and the Nokia 6 will be made availble later. The company also confirmed that all its smartphones will get the Android O update when Google makes it official for its OEM partners. HMD Global has already started selling the Nokia 3310 feature phone in India and might announce company's India manufacturing plans at the event.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures