Nokia 6, the smartphone that brings Nokia back into the market, is set to go on sale in China next week, the company said in a Facebook post. It also indicated that more information about other Nokia products will be revealed on February 26.
That leads us to believe that Nokia is planning to make a splash at MWC, Barcelona this year. February 26 is a day before this year’s MWC begins, so Nokia presumably wants its new devices on top of all headlines at that time.
Further, in reply to one of the comments on its Facebook post, Nokia confirmed that the Nokia 6 is exclusive to China. Hence, the upcoming announcement should shed light on Nokia’s plans for other countries, including India. Nokia even answered a query about other countries on its post, saying, “We will have more announcements about further releases soon.”
Interestingly, the Nokia 6, which is the first of these smartphones, drew a mixed reaction from consumers. While no one has actually used the phone yet, Nokia seems to be ignoring the specs war in the mobile market. While that is definitely not wrong, it is a strategy that many have tried and failed at.
However, the Nokia brand has always been about the experience, so HMD seems to be betting on the customers’ trust on Nokia. The new Nokia 6 runs on a Snapdragon 430 SoC, along with 4GB LPDDR3 RAM and 64GB storage. It also has a 16MP camera on the back, with an 8MP sensor on the front.
It’ll run on Android Nougat out-of-the-box, with a custom camera app. HMD also claims that the Nokia 6 is 6dB louder than regular smartphone amps. The phone has a 3000 mAh battery. China’s JD.com is preparing to sell the Black variant of the phone, but there have been rumours about a Silver variant being in the works as well.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures