Moto G's launch in India has started a serious competition among mid-range budget smartphones. After releasing the phone at only Rs.12,499, Motorola has to do some real hard work in order to keep up with the never-ending demand of the smartphone here.
Android phone manufacturers like Xolo and Micromax have always targeted the low and mid range budget categories in order to keep their grasp on the smartphone market. Motorola, on the other hand, decided to target the same category to get started again in India.
Xolo, in turn, has decided to take Motorola head on and has announced a new smartphone whose specs and price clearly say that it was made to compete with moto gWhere to buy 8999. Xolo just announced the Q1100 at Rs.14,999 on its website.
On the specs sheet, xolo q1100Where to buy 5629 8629 is a look-alike of Moto G. Both phones feature a similar processor which is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 but the one on Xolo Q1100 is overclocked to 1.4GHz. Both phones feature the same GPU which is the Adreno 305. The Q1100 also features a larger 5-inch display vs. Moto G's 4.5 inches. While both phones feature HD resolution displays, Moto G's display is sharper at 326 PPI vs Q1100's 294 PPI due to a smaller screen.
Both have 1GB of RAM. On the camera front, xolo q1100Where to buy 5629 8629 features sharper cameras at 8MP (rear) and 2MP (front) vs Moto G's 5MP (front) and 1.3MP (rear) . Both phones have 8GB of storage. While the Moto G comes in two variants of 8GB and 16GB, Q1100 comes in 8GB only but with an expandable memory slot which is absent on Moto G.
Moto G features the more recent and better version of Android v4.4.2 KitKat while Q1100 is still behind at v4.3 Jelly Bean. Moto G will also get faster software updates as compared to the Q1100.
1.2GHz Snapdragon 400
1.4GHz Snapdragon 400
8GB (Expandable to 32GB)
5MP (rear), 1.9MP (front)
8MP (rear), 2MP (front)
Jelly Bean 4.3
Motorola had the guts to launch a phone with good specs at a very affordable price. To put it in context, Samsung's latest Galaxy Grand 2 has the same specs as the Moto G except the bigger screen but costs almost Rs. 9,000 more. Moto G is one of the most best smartphones that we have seen in a while. Its launch is actually making other manufacturers rethink their prices. The Q1100 is one good example.
Now we are just waiting for other manufacturers to announce their new mid-range smartphones that can actually compete with the Moto G.
So which phone should you go with?
Even though the xolo q1100Where to buy 5629 8629 is better in many regards when it comes to specs, we would still recommend the Moto G for its brand value, better screen, handy size, marginally better battery and better support in terms of software upgrades and OS upgrades from Google.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures