Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM Rating 67100
The Microsoft Lumia 532 feels and works like a feature phone rather than the usual smartphone. It lacks performance, a good camera, a good screen and better options can be found powered by Android. The Lumia 532 is not a good buy and you will be better off with something from the Android stable at an equivalent price point.
- Sturdy build
- Good Audio
- Excellent network reception
- Bulky build
- Sub par display
- Below average performance
- Poor camera implementation
- Poor battery life
Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM: Detailed Review
Microsoft is doing the exact same thing Nokia use to do in its golden days, i.e to offer phones with small spec bumps as you go up the price tree. Basically, the Microsoft Lumia 532 is a specced up version of the Lumia 530. The phone sits right in between the Lumia 530 and the Lumia 535.
On paper, the specs of the Lumia 532 don’t look that promising but how does the phone perform in real life?
Build & Design
Like every other (Nokia) Lumia phone, the Lumia 532 carries the best build quality you will see in the budget smartphone segment. The use of better materials is quite evident and the phone feels well built. However, the thicker build may or may not go down well with some. It features the same phone-in-a-shell design which we saw in earlier Nokia phones like the Lumia 630 or the Asha 501.
While this shell design gives the phone a different look, the fairly pointed corners do dig into your palms when you hold the device. Secondly removing the shell to install a SIM card or microSD card is a nail-breaking task. Overall, I was satisfied with the build quality as it is one of the most sturdy and well put together phone in a budget.
Display and UI
The Microsoft Lumia 532 comes with a 4-inch display with a resolution of 800 x 480p. With 233 ppi and and subpar screen quality, the display on the Lumia 532 is average at best. The screen has very limited viewing angles and one can see a visible color shift. On the plus side, the touch response is okay and makes typing on the smaller screen much more accurate.
As for the UI, the Lumia 532 runs on Windows 8.1 out of the box. Windows 8.1 hasn’t changed much in the past year or so. The ability to customise the start screen with images as well as the ability to add or remove tiles remains the same. The phone does include the virtual assistant Cortana but unfortunately the feature is not yet available in India.
Besides the old Nokia apps which are now renamed as Here Maps, Here Drive, etc. Microsoft has included a bunch of third party apps. Apps like BBM, Facebook, Foodpanda, Gameloft Hub, Jabong, Paytm, redbus.in, Star Sports, Truecaller and Twitter come pre-installed
Performance and Battery
The Lumia 532 is meant for light usage only. The Windows 8.1 is snappy as ever in day to day use. If you are a light user and don’t use too many apps besides the pre-installed ones, the Lumia 532 will act as a good companion. As for heavy users or Windows lovers you may want to skip this phone since it won’t be able to keep up with you. We ran the Antutu benchmark and the phone was able to score a mere 11854 points whereas the Lenovo A6000 scores almost 20036 points in the same benchmark.
I played a few games like Asphalt 8 on the phone, and even though the games were playable most of the times, graphics details were very low. In my video test the phone was unable to run any 1080p video and videos only upto 720p videos were playable. However, music lovers will love this phone since the audio quality is superb and output is thoroughly loud.
All this testing had an adverse effect on the battery. Playing games at a stretch makes the phone very hot to the point where it is uncomfortable to hold. In my tests I was able to exhaust the 1560mAh battery in just two hours with constant gaming and video streaming. But if you are not into games or use your smartphone like a feature phone, the Lumia 532 will be able to last a bit more. However, in any scenario the battery won’t be able to last a day.
The 5MP camera on the Lumia 532 does come with the nifty Lumia camera app and even takes decent pictures. But every good remark about the camera goes for a toss as it lacks autofocus which in this day and age is an essential requirement. In hindsight images taken by the Lumia 532 in suitable lighting conditions are okay at best with visible noise in some. Color saturation is quite accurate in suitable conditions but low light images are much more grainy and the lack of rear flash doesn't help either.
The Lumia 532 from Microsoft is a below average phone at a budget price. You can get much better hardware at this price on the Android side. With its subpar screen, not so promising performance and okay camera, the Lumia 532 is not a good buy. The Lenovo A6000, Asus Zenfone 4 or the Redmi 2 which will be available from 24th March is a far better option. And if you love the Windows Phone experience then you should not buy anything below the Lumia 730.
- Microsoft Lumia 435, 532 budget smartphones unveiled
Microsoft has introduced two new smartphones – Lumia 435 and Lumia 532. Microsoft is touting the Lumia 435 as its...14 - Jan - 2015
- Microsoft Lumia 532, 435 budget smartphones launched in India
Microsoft has officially launched its Lumia 532 and Lumia 435 smartphones in India for Rs. 6,499 and 5,999...16 - Feb - 2015
- Microsoft makes Lumia 435 and 532 official in India
Microsoft just launched two of its newest smartphones in India. The two devices include the Lumia 435 and Lumia 532...19 - Feb - 2015
Latest Forum discussions on Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM
- Microsoft lumia 435 and 532 announced
[size=3][b]Microsoft Lumia 435 and 435 Dual SIM Specifications[/b][/size] [img]http://core5.staticworld.net/images/article/2015/01/lumia532umbrella-100549470-large.png[/img] 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) LCD display 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor with Adreno 302 GPU [b][color=red]1GB RAM[/color][/b], 8GB internal memory, up to...
- Shah15/01/2015Fixed focus camera can be a deal-breaker for many. Nevertheless, They may be worth considering if launched around 5k.
- $hadow15/01/2015now this could be a turning point in MS history since it is surely going to be a game changer.
- Kkn1315/01/2015I dont get why Lumia 530 still exists though,its more expensive and worse etc in every way except for autofocus 5MP camera otherwise form factor etc is nearly same I feel MS has finally gotten itself right,2015 might bring a whole load of surprises
- Asus zenfone 2 ze551ml 2gb/ microsoft lumia 640 xl dual sim- anyone have any camera samples?
Which one should I buy? [B]ASUS Zenfone 2 ze551ml 2GB[/B] or [B]Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM[/B]? We android user always feel the urge to install MX player, notification toggle, and customizable launchers like APEX/ NOVA etc. I also use runastic apps. Also I love jetaudio to play music while I do some reading (PDF), or gaming (puzzles...
- Kkn1316/05/2015WP:- UI cant be customised with gestures however stock UI itself is so well made,you wont need customisation Id say out of all OS's ive used id say Lollipop has the worst UI and WP has the best in terms of practicality and usability as for camera,Any Lumia will beat its android counterparts in every way especially low light only a few...
- D3b16/05/2015Thanks for your opinion mate, I'll hopefully go for lumia then. You know, I even used Asus P320 (windows 6.5-7.1) and I was a fan of start menu, ie6, media player and all. I will watch for the price tag, and buy it then ( flip cover and screen protector for extra :)).
- Kkn1316/05/2015[QUOTE=d3b;2226762]Thanks for your opinion mate, I'll hopefully go for lumia then. You know, I even used Asus P320 (windows 6.5-7.1) and I was a fan of start menu, ie6, media player and all. I will watch for the price tag, and buy it then ( flip cover and screen protector for extra :)).[/QUOTE] happy to help :)
- Microsoft drops the nokia brand on lumia phones.
[QUOTE]Microsoft is officially replacing its Nokia branding with Microsoft Lumia on the company's Windows Phones. The software giant is "looking forward to unveiling a Microsoft Lumia device soon," and, as The Verge revealed earlier this week, Nokia's existing phone websites and social network accounts will now be transitioned over to the...
- Ccleaner 2.03.532 out
CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimisation tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free. [B]Cleans the following:[/B] [LIST] [*] Internet...
- Harvik78026/11/2007Thanks Third_eye for the news.
- Gigacore26/11/2007thanks.... downloading......
- Harvik78026/11/2007^^LOL at avatar.
- About umax astra 610s scanner
Can anybody tell me that how I can connect the Umax Astra 610S Scsi Scanner to my PC since I have got it from a friend of mine. In the backside of the scanner there are two 25 pin ports with a name tag SCSI. Since it is a scsi scanner, it should be connected to the PC with a scsi contrller card, but I dont know whichone? Can anyone suggest a...
- Madman12318/08/2004as it isn't a high-end accisory...i suppose any one will do...and the price should not differ to much...
- Silly_kash20/08/2004umax sux big time yaar!! u know they even charge 4 driver update!! i had a harrowing time with them!!
- When will be microsoft lumia 640 dual sim available in india for sale?
- Which phone is better moto-e or nokia lumia 530 dual sim...??
- Dual sim smartphone s4 mini or lumia.?
- Buying lumia 525 was a mistake or good over lumia 630 dual sim
- When nokia 130 dual sim (provided by microsoft) will launch in india ?