LG G3 Beat Rating 71100
The LG G3 tries to imitate the LG G3 but the thing is, it can’t, it doesn't have the hardware to do that. On top of that, LG has priced the phone just below the Huawei Honor 6 which, on paper, has almost 3 times the firepower. All in all, this is a good try from LG, but maybe next time, they can price it right.
- Elegant Design
- Good Screen
- Good Camera
- UI Lags
- Not well priced
LG G3 Beat: Detailed Review
The LG G3 Beat looks like a less premium incarnation of the flagship LG G3. It offers the same UI and design philosophy but since the hardware has been reduced since it is a mid range smartphone, it has some downsides.
Build and Design
In recent years both Samsung and LG have improved their build quality. From the Nexus 4 to the current gen G3, LG has been moving forward in terms of build quality and the story's the same with the LG G3 Beat. The 5-inch phone is made up of plastic but saying that, it does not feel like a compromise in any way. The phone was well at ease while being in the same pocket with keys and coins.
LG did not waste a single penny on designing this phone, it looks like an exact copy of the LG G3 with a 5-inch screen instead of a 5.5-inch one. We would like to add that the LG G3 was one of the best designed smartphones in recent times and the LG G3 Beat, with its slightly narrower shell, is even more comfortable to hold despite its large 5 inch screen. We will not go into details since LG is using the same tried and tested design of LG G3 which is nice to hold but could take some time getting used to since the power and volume keys are at the back.
Display and UI
The colour reproduction on the 5-inch 720p display is commendable but when compared to its rivals like the Micromax Canvas Knight or the Huawei Honor 6, we feel the phone could have done better with a 1080p panel. All in all, the screen has great viewing angles and good outdoor visibility which makes it quite likeable if you are into streaming YouTube or an avid ebook reader.
The UI of the phone is also lifted from the LG G3 but a couple of features like the dual window mode, are not present in the G3 Beat since it only has 1GB of RAM. Otherwise the UI is pretty much indifferent to the G3's lower hardware specs and offers tons of settings, submenus, preloaded weather and remote apps. It seems LG has tried to add extra features inside every nook of the UI.
The LG G3 Beat performs well for the majority of the time but if you try to pinch in more than 3-4 tasks you are bound to get a stutter from the phone and if you keep pushing, the stutters change into lags. In our gaming experience with the phone, the story remained the same with an occasional hiccup here and there. We had no issues in terms of regular tasks like calling, messaging and other communication apps, everything ran fine.
Audio and video playback on the device was good and we have no complaints except for the fact that the backfiring single speaker obviously gets muffled when you place the phone on its back. The speaker is otherwise loud enough to make you notice. LG has also added an IR blaster up top which works as intended with televisions.
In terms of synthetic benchmarks, the phone's scores were average. We have compared the LG G3 Beat's scores with the Huawei Honor 6 below.
The 8MP rear camera is better than the likes of the Moto G (2nd gen) or the Asus Zenfone 5 but struggles to keep up with the imaging abilities of the Huawei Honor 6 or Micromax Canvas Knight. The phone takes good photos outdoors and is a decent shooter indoors as well. The camera uses a laser auto focus system at the back which makes the auto-focusing on the phone quite fast.
The camera lets you take videos in 720p or 1080p modes, which were pretty decent, but it does not support auto-focusing while recording. The front-facing camera is a 1.3MP shooter and is good enough for Snapchats and video calls.
The LG G3 hits the ball out of the park in the battery department. The phone was able to secure 20 hours of battery life in our battery tests where we loop a 1080p video. In everyday use, the phone was able to last almost a day and half under moderate usage with WiFi or 2G constantly connected.
The LG G3 Beat is a decent phone with its nifty UI tricks, a likeable design and distinguished camera BUT (and as is evident, that is a big but, and we like big buts), it is priced way above phones with similar features, specs and performance (Moto G 2nd Gen, Asus Zenfone 5). The phone is priced very close to the Huawei Honor 6 which is a far more powerful phone than the LG G3 Beat and so is the Micromax Canvas Nitro (Rs. 12,000 approx). So, unless you are a fan of LG, you should consider the alternatives.
- LG G3 beat is a watered-down version of the flagship LG G3 for Rs. 25,000
LG has officially launched its G3 Beat smartphone in India for Rs. 25,000. The new LG smartphone runs Android 4.4.2...17 - Sep - 2014
- LG G3 Beat, mid-range version of the flagship G3 unveiled
LG has introduced the G3 Beat, a mid-range version of its flagship G3 smartphone. The G3 Beat features a 5-inch...17 - Jul - 2014
- LG G3 Prime leaked, G3 Beat (aka Mini) headed to China
LG's new flagship- the G3 is not yet available globally but the Korean phonemaker is rumoured to be preparing for...02 - Jul - 2014
Latest Forum discussions on LG G3 Beat
- One plus one or lg g3 ?
Hi, I have been looking at a lot of YouTube videos which put these two devices head to head and one common point is that the LG G3's battery sucks big time and on the other hand the One Plus One's battery is awesome! I understand that the battery in One Plus One doesnt have to power such a high pixel density screen but is it really THAT BAD? I...
- Saiyangoku22/01/2015They are in very different budget segments. Oneplus One costs 22k, while G3 is almost double that. Give your budget and fill the questionnaire. :|
- Eureka23/01/2015^ :facepalm: G3 is priced at 30-32k on eBay, yeah not with warranty, but still. [url=http://www.ebay.in/itm/Deal-02-New-Imported-LG-G3-32GB-/141541568282?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item20f488ef1a]Deal 02 NEW Imported LG G3 32GB | eBay[/url] Yeah you should wait for MWC to happen, which is just a month away. G3 has poor battery life, as everyone...
- Minion23/01/2015I would suggest you to wait for Zenphone 2 and if you can't wait then One plus one is pretty good phone.
- Oneplus one or lg g3
I have budget of around 34K I have researched a lot and zeroed on this 2 : OnePlus One & LG G3 32GB (not considering 16GBs) I am getting g3 around 34 without bill, so both of em wont have warranty. Both has its pros nd cons: (I suppose u know pros of both). Cons G3 - 10K Expensive - no cyanongen out of box - Battery not as great as...
- Minion11/10/2014Wait for some time one plus one 64GB version will lunch in India for 25k. Source [url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/OnePlus-wants-to-price-the-64GB-One-under-Rs-25000-in-India/articleshow/41405064.cms]OnePlus wants to price the 64GB One under Rs 25,000 in India - The Times of India[/url] One Plus One Camera Quality is very...
- Dharmil00711/10/2014I cant wait, i have someone who can bring the phone from Belgium. So thats not the issue. Issue is : I am thinking which one is worth a buy ?
- Abirthedevil11/10/2014If I were you I would go for OPO, I dont think the camera is that bad, cyanogen 11s isint as buggy as you might think had tons of updates already and updates come out thick and fast, think yellow screen also go fixed with updates tho not sure.
- Lg g3 or htc m8 or google nexus 6
Hi, I am planning to buy a new phone, I am planning to go with either g3 or m8 or nexus 6 . Nexus 6 is yet to hit to store (it will be available on flipkart) and there isn't much info about it available on Internet. I am confused as to go with which one. Please share your feedback about these phones so I can make a final choice. thanks...
- Kunalgujarathi20/12/2014If u can handle 6" or 167 mm. Then Nexus 6 is the beast. Good battery life. Or you can wait for Moto Droid Maxx launching in Jan. Please fill the questionnaire.
- $hadow20/12/2014For for m8 if camera is not a big concern for you. And go for n6 if size is a no problem for you.
- Kkn1320/12/2014all three are great phones however given a choice,i didnt like the look of the N6,it didnt feel as premium as i thought it would,hardware and software is excellent no doubt but overall design etc was a letdown and size is too big,i prefer the N5 design and size(my personal preference of course) as for G3,i loved its design and features etc but...
- Lg g3 with 5.5-inch qhd display, laser af camera goes official
[QUOTE][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]The [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g3-6294.php"]LG G3[/URL][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial] is finally official and is ready to take the duties as the company's 2014 flagship Android smartphone. [/FONT][/COLOR][B]Hardware[/B] [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]The LG G3 features a 5.5" True HD-IPS+ LCD...
- Rijinpk127/05/2014time to have 64 gb base memory!!
- Saiyangoku27/05/2014noob people will still buy the likes of crapsung instead of this beast :(
- Ztr27/05/2014[QUOTE=rijinpk1;2117095]time to have 64 gb base memory!![/QUOTE] This has expandable so no issue ;)
- Lg g3 vs oneplus one
Looking to buy a phone among the two. I'm buying it from a friend, so these are the only options I have. The LG G3 is the AT&T variant. So, which phone will be better? Battery life is not a problem for me since I have a secondary phone. My usage will be whatsapp, Facebook and mails. I won't play games, maybe an hour per week
- Saiyangoku16/08/2015Fill the questionnaire. Both are good devices but I'd rather ask you to wait for Moto X Play launch. Phones like Redmi 2, Moto G (3rd gen), Yuphoria would be enough for your primary usage.
- Suarezian16/08/2015Sorry, couldn't see the questionnaire as I created this thread using Tapatalk. The cameras in Moto G and Redmi are not up to par, hence I've narrowed down to g3 and one.
- Saiyangoku16/08/2015Here's the questionnaire: [url]http://www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html[/url]