LG Display, the world's largest maker of LCD panels has announced new 5.7-inch QHD+ LCD panel. This is the world's first 5.7-inch QHD+ display to offer 18:9 aspect ratio and it is likely to be used with company's upcoming flagship G6 smartphone.
LG Display says use of a 18:9 aspect ratio will offer more immersive experience than existing panels. The new 5.7-inch display offers a resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels, which translates to a pixel density of 564ppi. According to a report at Korea IT Times, the display uses company's inTOUCH technology to achieve thinner and lighter panel. The technology eliminates use of Touch Cover Glass which makes the display less than 1mm thick.
"We expect to maximize user experience and customer value through the super high-quality display with its new 18:9 aspect ratio, which sets it apart from conventional displays for smartphones," Dr. Byeong-koo Kim, Senior Vice President and Head of Mobile Development Group 1 at LG Display was quoted as saying.
LG Display's new panel also reduces the bezel width by 0.2mm on top and 0.54mm on the left and right edges. The reduced bezels will help LG design an all-screen G6 smartphone. LG Display has also reportedly improved the overall brightness of the display.
The new 5.7-inch QHD+ panel offers 10 percent increase in transmittance, for better outdoor visibility. The panel also brings improvements in terms of power consumption by 30 percent. The display should first be available on G6 before being made available to other smartphone makers.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures