Huawei, China's leading smartphone maker, is all set to introduce its next flagship Mate 10 series at an event in Munich on October 16. The smartphones are expected to feature a new full-screen display with 18:9 aspect ratio and use company's newest Kirin 970 chipset. Ahead of the launch, TENAA has certified a new Huawei smartphone that could belong to its upcoming Mate series.
The certification listing reveals that the smartphone sports a 5.9-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. The display offers 18:9 aspect ratio and is codenamed RNE-AL00 or Maimang 6. Noted tipster Evan Blass had recently reported that Huawei's next Mate series is codenamed Blanc, Marcel and Alps.
The TENAA certification suggests the device measures 156.2 x 75.2 x 7.5mm in dimension and comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB expandable storage. The smartphone is powered by an octa-core processor and houses a 3240mAh battery. It also features four cameras with dual camera setup on the front as well as the back. The RNE-AL00 gets a combination of 16MP + 2MP sensors on the back while the front camera setup includes a combination of 13MP + 2MP sensors. The setup, however, seems like a downgrade from the one found on Mate 9 and P10 series.
A recent leak claimed that flagship Mate 10 will feature a 5.99-inch display with a resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels and offer a bezel-less design. The device codenamed Blanc is also said to offer a combination of 20MP + 12MP rear camera setup. The new RNE-AL00 certified by TENAA might be a cheaper version of flagship Mate series and could debut under company's Honor brand.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures