Reliance Jio is known for its 4G, data centric services, but users can use the services on a 3G handset via the company’s Jio4GVoice app (earlier known as JioJoin). A user, Dhruv Gada, has sent us a video showing us how the service works on an Apple iPhone 5s. In a mail, the user notes that there is a new configuration process for the Jio4G Voice app. Now, after inserting a Jio SIM and downloading the latest version of the app from the store, the configuration process will start using the Jio SIM inserted into the phone.
The compatibility of Jio4GVoice with 3g handsets, users will be able to make use of features like Rich Communication Services (RCS). These allow users to add text, images, mark location and more while making calls. Then can even share files. The video showing the iPhone 5s making a call via the app can be seen below.
While all this isn’t particularly new. It should be helpful for those with older 3G handsets like the Apple iPhone 5s, who wish to avail Jio’s free services like calling. iOS users can download the Jio4GVoice app by clicking here, while Android users can download the app from here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures