Cat has officially entered India with the launch of its smartphone, the S60. Priced at Rs. 64,999, the device will be available in offline as well as online channels. The Cat S60 is the world’s first smartphone to come with an integrated thermal camera. The device is aimed at those with a rugged lifestyle and comes with IP68 and MIL-SPEC certification. The company says that the device can withstand drops from up to 1.8meters and go up to a depth of 5 meters for an hour.
Linda Summers, Chief Marketing Officer, Bullitt Group, global mobile device licensee for Caterpillar Inc. stated, “Following our evaluation of the Indian market over the last year, we have spotted an immense opportunity for our devices in the rugged smartphone category. Recognizing India’s potential as a sophisticated and fast growing market, we are looking to launch in the country with a highly-targeted offering for both consumers and the B2B sector. Globally we have reached a landmark figure of over 1 million units of Cat phone sales, and are very positive about reaching out to the Indian market.”
The thermal camera used by the Cat S60 is developed by FLIR and can be used in a variety of situations. The camera is able to visualise heat that is invisible to the human eye and highlight temperature contrasts. Further, the device is able to pick up heat and measure surface temperature from a distance of up to 50 feet and see through obscurants such as smoke.
Other features of the phone include a 4.7-inch HD display and a dedicated SOS button, which sends out location coordinates to pre-programed contacts. The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 SoC with 3GB of RAM. Besides the main thermal camera, there is also a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front facing camera. The device is equipped with a 3800mAh battery and offers 32GB of onboard storage. The phone runs Android Marshmallow, and comes with a dedicated FLIP thermal camera app with features like changeable heat palettes, temperature spot meter, and more.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 2015Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup
- 10 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures