Apple IPhone 8, the oft-rumoured 2017 iPhone with an OLED display has been leaked once again, revealing the bezel-less design and vertical camera layout. Forbes has posted renders of the upcoming iPhone based on CAD renders sourced in collaboration with case designer Nodus.
Apple's OLED iPhone is said to sport a 5.8-inch AMOLED display and will eliminate the top and bottom bezels seen on previous generation flagships. The front is expected to be dominated by the display. The Forbes report reiterates that the iPhone 8 will feature a Function Area, first detailed by KGI Securities' Ming-Chi Kuo. The function area is said to serve as a shortcut for frequently used functions and also act as a window for notifications.
The renders also confirm that Apple will switch to a vertical layout for its rear camera setup. The switch in orientation is widely rumoured to support the new ARKit enabled augmented reality applications while the handset is held in landscape orientation. In terms of design, the noticeable difference is the end of Touch ID or home button and larger power button. Apple is reportedly unable to integrate the Touch ID sensor under the display and will instead use facial recognition or integrate the Touch ID with the power button. There is no clarity whether Touch ID will make it to the final device but most reports suggest Apple will stick to facial recognition technology.
The OLED iPhone is said to retain the lightning port and not switch to USB-C as seen with the company’s 2016 MacBook Pro. The iPhone 8 won’t feature a 3.5mm audio jack and will be powered by the TSMC-made A11 chipset. The iPhone 8 is rumoured to support wireless charging and might arrive at the company's fall event with a retail price of around $1,200 (approximately Rs 77,500).
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures