Xiaomi is expected to release its own line of notebooks in 2016. According to a report from Digitimes, the company is working with Inventec and Foxconn to make the notebooks. As of now, the exact schedule for the notebook production or release date is yet unknown.
The report states that Xiaomi might release a 15-inch notebook running on Linux operating system, with the reported dimensions being quite common in China. The Beijing-based company is reportedly looking to follow the same strategy of high price-to-performance ratio, which it has followed with its smartphones. The notebook is expected to be priced at CNY 2,999, approximately Rs. 31,200.
Last year, GizmoChina posted a few images of a notebook, which was claimed to be Xiaomi’s netbook. The laptop was rumored to run on a version of Linux OS customised by Xiaomi, and powered by an Intel Core i7-4500u processor, along with two 8GB RAM modules. The alleged laptop, interestingly, was also claimed to feature a 15-inch 1080p display, with a price tag of CNY 2,999, similar to the latest rumour. It is possible that the laptop reported by Digitimes is the same one that was rumoured previously. Specifications-wise, it seems to be a powerful machine, that might compete with sales figures of many other established brands.
The alleged laptop by Xiaomi, that was leaked last year
If Xiaomi does release a laptop chain, it would not be the company's first venture outside the smartphone industry. It has already launched a Mi Pad tablet, the fitness tracker, Mi Band, Mi TV televisions, power banks and WiFi routers, among others. In addition, Xiaomi has seen success outside its home market, especially in India. The company has recently launched its first smartphone from its ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Redmi 2 Prime.
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptops
- First Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in India
- Computex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (April 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India