Microsoft Surface is going to get some serious competition from Sony atracTable, a 35-inch multitouch interactive display (developed by AtracSys & owned by Sony) that mirrors the gesture controlled inputs of Microsoft's solution, with the addition of face & emotional state detection features.
Sony's atracTable handles multiple finger based gestures with aplomb and identifies emotional state, age and gender of a person using the intuitive ICU (interactive communications unit). It is built with two motion sensor Sony ISS XCD-V60 camcorders that respond to any motion input or gesture input provided by the user. With the aid of these motion sensors, the Sony atracTable can also interact with objects and detect facial expressions like a smile, frown etc. to determine the mood or emotional state of the user. However, the major disappointment is that the price of this product is still undercover. Although on a positive note, the technology is proposed to be implemented in medical, gaming and industrial applications in the future. Meanwhile, watch these cool videos that promise a bright road to the future of touch & motion based interactive technology.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptops
- First Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in India
- 22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...Computex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India